VR7 Winching (Light Vehicle Recovery)
This module deals with situations where winching is required to safely place the casualty vehicle in a position to be loaded on to a recovery vehicle. The Safety and Theory of operation of winches up to and including 8000 lbs are covered in this module. Instruction in the identification and use of ropes and ancillary equipment relevant to the recovery of Light Vehicles including the calculations of resistances and loads are also part of the module
- Health and Safety as it applies to the use of winches
- Types of Winches used in Light Vehicle Recovery
- Winch theory and calculations
- Correct use of equipment and methods of Winching
- Hand signal instructions to direct a winch operator
Practical Skill Instruction:
- Demonstrate the correct use and deployment of all related equipment, methodology to deal with the casualty vehicle and application of all Winch theory.
We have nationwide vacancies available!