VR16 Winching (Heavy Vehicle Recovery)
This module deals with situations where Winching is required to safely place the casualty vehicle in a position to be loaded onto a Recovery Vehicle. the Safety and Theory of operation of winches exceeding 8000 lbs are covered in this module. Instruction in the identification and use of ropes and ancillary equipment relevant to the recovery of Heavy Vehicles including the calculations of resistances and loads are also part of the module and covers the following area's:
- Health and Safety as it applies to the use of Winches
- Types of Winches used in Heavy Vehicle Recovery
- Ropes and Ancillary Equipment used to Recover Heavy Vehicles
- Theory and Calculations
- Hand Signal instructions to direct a Winch operator
Practical Skill Instruction:
- Demonstrate the correct use and deployment of all equipment. Preparing, oading, transporting and unloading of the Casualty Vehicle.
We have nationwide vacancies available!