- The Mansfield Group Acquires Assets of Guise Motors in Milton Keynes
- Vacancies in our Langley Service Centre
- Happy St Patricks Day from Everyone at The Mansfield Group
- Easter Break Congestion
Heavy Recovery Page: 1
01/04/2016 - Tips to avoid collisons involving HGVs
Trucks are involved in an increasing percentage of fatal traffic accidents on Britain's roads. On motorways, more than half (52%) of fatal accidents on motorways involve HGVs, despite HGVs only making up 10% of the traffic on motorways. On minor roads, a HGV is five times as likely to be involved in a fatal accident on a minor road than other traffic.
Here are some tips for motorists and commercial truck drivers on how to share the road safely.
- Trucks create wind gusts. Keep both hands on the wheel when you pass a truck or when a truck passes you.
- Leave plenty of room between you and a truck when st More